- Please do not use my horses' names or say that you have horses bred from mine without my permission.
- All breedings are free. I only do e-mail breedings and prefer to send them as a MS Word attachment. If this is a problem for you please let me know when you send the requests, not after I have already sent you the certificates.
- Foals must be at least three years younger than sires and four years younger than dams. Stallions' first foal crops (FFC) and mares' open years are listed. Mares may only have one foal a year.
- All of my horses are aging. I will accept non-aging foals, but they will be assigned a foaling year for my record keeping purposes. Also when you send a request, please list the foaling year as the year requested (ex: 1990), not the age of the horse (ex: 12).
- You must follow color genetics. The safest way to do this is to choose one parent that is the same color (and/or pattern) as the foal. Homozygous (meaning the horse always produces a certain color or pattern) horses are noted. If you are unsure about something, please ask. If I'm not sure either, I will find out for you.
- Please try to follow naming rules. You can find helpful information on naming rules
here. I'm not always extremely strict about this, but I really appreciate it when people at least try to follow the naming rules. If you need help naming a foal, let me know and I will try to help.
- I have no problems with cross-breeding as long as the crosses are reasonable. More than likely I will not approve a Shetland/Shire breeding.
- I will not approve father/daughter or mother/son breedings.
- All pedigrees trace to real or model horses. An "®" or "(r)" next to a horse's name indicates a real horse. Most of my horses have model bodies, but I do also use breeding stock only horses (identities currently without bodies). These are indicated with a "BSO" by the horse's name. I will accept BSO foals, but only on a limited basis (I won't do 10 in a row).
- Do not send me more than three requests at a time. If you do, I will look at the first 3 and send the rest back. You may send more after you have received the certificated for the first 3.
- To request a breeding, send me the following information:
Year requested: (please list at least one alternative year)
Color/Markings: (and pattern for pinto/appy markings)
Finish: (OF or CM)
Show/Race records: (if any)
Your name, stable name and e-mail address:
- I have the right to refuse a breeding for any reason. This doesn't happen very often, and when it does I will explain why and give you a chance to correct it.
- Pictures of foals are always appreciated, as are updates! Also, if you have an s/d list of your own I'd love to see it.
- A text only MS Word version of my list is also available via email. Please send all breeding requests to email@example.com with "Breeding request" in the subject line. Questions, comments, corrections, suggestions, etc. can be directed to this email address as well. Happy breeding!
On to Appaloosas